Welcome to Synergy Bookkeeping Solutions.
We are a dynamic crew of bookkeepers, loving nothing more than to help our clients go from mess to success. With the explosion in cloud based accounting providers, and with more “Add on” options than you can poke a stick at, it can be a real minefield to determine the best solution for your business. That’s where we come in. We assess your specific business situation and sift through the range of options to provide you with the best-fit.
They say information is power, and when you have accurate, timely and concise reports that show how your business is performing against your targets, you may be surprised at just how much of an improvement you – and your business – will experience.
- We have a “one size does NOT fit all” approach to our business clients and believe that each business has its own unique circumstances. This means you will not be getting a “one size fits all” style from us. Our focus is on quality solutions tailored to your businesses requirements.
- We consider the most appropriate software for you from Xero, Intuit and MYOB. As they all compete to give the best value and gain market share, YOU and your business stand to benefit from the continual improvements. This makes it a great time to be re-tooling your financial management systems.
- Based in the Hunter Valley (NSW), Synergy Bookkeeping Solutions has a dedicated team of skilled and qualified bookkeepers with a broad range of business experience.
- Improving business management with useful reporting and measurement against budget, as well as 24/7 access to the businesses key financial drivers is standard practice now for the switched on business owner.
- Get your business back-on-track with our team now.
- We have provided financial management and bookkeeping services to local and international clients, with cost effective cloud accounting services across Australia.
Meet the Team
Susan Hart has over 25 years’ experience in the accounting industry and is passionate about helping business owners get their bookkeeping under control.
After starting her career in an accounting firm, she took on a finance operations role at the Newcastle Business Enterprise Centre where she further developed her commercial acumen. Encouraged by her experience during a professional business mentor program, Sue was inspired to start her own bookkeeping business. Synergy Bookkeeping has since grown to service about 70 clients and employs a team of qualified and dedicated bookkeepers.
Susan co-founded and was a director of Uniting Bookkeepers for ten years, a professional network organisation that educated, supported and connected its members and the businesses they serve.
She holds a Diploma of Accounting, Frontline Management Cert IV and is a Justice of the Peace.
Susan’s other passions include her husband and business partner, Jason (see below), travelling, animal rights and welfare, women’s health issues, musical theatre, yoga, reading and listening to all things that nurture and enrich her spirit.
Jason has been with Synergy since they started the business late in the last century. Before that, he worked for an Egyptian pharaoh as an assistant clay-tablet keeper. Highly skilled with an abacus he moved swiftly through the ranks. One of his proudest moments was being part of the financial team on a big pyramid project – the largest capital works project of its time.“We were ahead of budget at the end of the 30 year project and my team never lost a single enormous block, ” says Jason.
In this lifetime, Jason’s experience covers owning and managing a small business, along with finance officer and assistant accountant roles with a number of firms. He shared his business knowledge with others during his time as a mentor and finance officer with the Business Enterprise Centre.
Jason holds a Diploma of Accounting and is excited and renewed by the innovative technology that continues to advance and improve bookkeeping and business management. Jason is committed to finding the best-fit software and apps to help clients improve their operational systems and bottom-line profitability.
He loves nothing better than to help guide owners to develop their own business management skills and abilities.
Sutapa is an enthusiastic and hardworking bookkeeper, currently expanding her experience in the accounting field. Sutapa accepted an opportunity to train under Susan Hart to learn the many aspects of processing client’s bills using cloud accounting software and brings enthusiasm, fast and reliable skills to the Synergy team.
Based in Calcutta, India, she works side by side with Susan via Skype, email and phone. Her main role is working with back log management clients and Synergy’s ‘shake n bake‘ service that requires hundreds of dockets and tax invoices to be monitored via receipt bank and matched-to-bank feeds.
Sutapa holds a Bachelor Degree in Science and a Diploma in Computer Programming. She has previously worked in the development of software packages specifically for the accounting sector.
Her other passions cover all things creative including Indian classical dance, designer Indian women’s apparel and training others in her country’s authentic cuisine.